Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Luke 1:13

13But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John.

By pronouncing to Zechariah that he should not be afraid and that his prayer has been heard the angel at once reveals what he is and from whom he has come from. To be a witness that your prayers have been heard is a pretty ominous condition. Our prayers are essentially as a rule personal and private. To have a person appear in a place where you know to be that of solitude and holiness and the first thing they say is that our prayer has been heard is breaking all kinds of boundaries, all at once. So yeah Zechariah is freaked out.

application
Am I ready for God to break through some established boundaries in my life? I am fully confident that He can, the question becomes will He on my behalf? If an angel showed up and said, “your prayer has been heard”. Would I know what prayer he would be talking about? Have I had a particular ongoing prayer before the Lord that I have sought after Him for? The only one that comes to mind is the prayer to be a more gentle person. Therefore today I will meditate on this verse in Philippians

Philippians 4:5  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment