Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Luke 1:11

11Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense.

Implied in this verse is that there are angels round about us that do not appear to us. This one at the appointed time did appear to Zechariah. Sometimes we see angels but do not recognize them as such;

Heb. 13:2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

The presence of the Lord is everywhere, the angels may be with us at any time visible or not. The record of our lives is recorded and considered for Holy purposes, or not.

2Tim 2:20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, the practice of His presence is the wisdom of a broken servant.

application
Today as I recognize that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit I carry His presence with me wherever I go. I need to honor that presence and expand upon it. The only one string on that guitar is to diminish self, and the desires of the flesh. Therefore today I will not listen to any political talk radio shows but replace that with worship music.

No comments:

Post a Comment