Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Friday, February 19, 2016

Luke 1:10

10And when the time for the burning of incense came, all the assembled worshipers were praying outside.


The burning of the incense took place every morning and evening before the Lord as an ordinance.


Ex 30:7-8 “Aaron shall burn on it sweet incense every morning; when he tends the lamps, he shall burn incense on it. 8 And when Aaron lights the lamps at twilight, he shall burn incense on it, a perpetual incense before the Lord throughout your generations.


So this was a twice daily occurrence. Those who were worshipping and praying were outside of the area where the incense was burned. I find their yearning to be close to the Lord and the things of God endearing. Even though they would not be directly involved in the process they still wanted to be there.


application
do I yearn to be near the things God is doing round about me? Even if I cannot partake personally? I will look to adjust my attitude and be satisfied with the presence and grace of the Lord and not need to be directly involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment