Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Ephesians 1:18

Ephesians 1:18
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,


This area of Scripture is renown for the way that it gives us a front row seat to witness how Paul discipled these Ephesian believers.
How awesome it is to peer into the heart of Paul as he is cultivating these beloved children. What a model he sets forth in seeking the Lord on their behalf in this way. What a glorious prayer to pray for the dear ones this Apostle is nurturing into maturity in Christ. His great concern for their souls and the furthering of their knowledge and understanding of all that is theirs in Christ.


application
I am inspired by Paul as I am nurturing new potential disciples always I am physically away from those who I have poured out my life and developed into maturity. I have been praying for them but according to this verse I will recommit to pray even more fervently for their continued enlightenment and growth in Him.

Check out Margaret's take on this same verse
http://mrsd4him.blogspot.com/2014/04/ephesians-118.html

No comments:

Post a Comment