Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Usurper of God's Sovereign Authority

 ACTS 1:7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

And ever since then we as humans want to know the times and the dates... We always want what we cannot have. "you can eat from any of the trees in the garden except this one ..."  "which one?"  It is just our nature to drive us toward the forbidden. So many have come along and declared oh on such and such a day is the day... To no avail. In fact in this verse it is by God's sovereign authority that the times are set. So for a man to make such a declaration is to usurp the authority that belongs only to God and He alone. How foolish even to attempt.  


APPLICATION
What are the things in my life that are under God's authority that I have foolishly usurped to myself what belongs to the Father. My will, my time, finances. I need to recondition my thinking on these matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment