Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Monday, November 14, 2011

Obedient Obedience- God's Thing, God's Way

ACTS 1:4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.

Would you want to receive a gift from God the Father that Jesus himself tells you is awaiting you? What hangs in the balance is being obedient to Jesus' command. Obedience is the clearest route toward the gifts, blessings, prosperity of God. So why do we lose our way so easily? Impatience, lack of faith or perhaps even rebellion of sorts. If we can get a handle on this one it will clearly change the trajectory of our lives for the good. 

But what about this gift that Jesus told them about, the Holy Spirit. Up until this time the HS had not been poured out on mankind. So something new was about to happen for the first time in history. With this outpouring of the HS God would change the trajectory of the whole world.


APPLICATION
Obedience to doing God's thing God's way will always bring me closer to the very path He has ordained for me. I need to re establish my thoughts, actions and patterns to better reflect His Holy Spirit in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment