Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Monday, August 29, 2011

The Ultimate Corruption, Death.

22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 

The old self, once we are born again we inevitably end up with the "two of me" the former self that lived and had its existence solely in the realm of the flesh, wantonly motivated by comfort and the unattainable desire for satisfaction in regards to career, sex, fulfillment etc. with continual lust for more. Once in a while I would gorge on one thing or another and it would not satisfy but disgust me because of my inability to limit my over indulgence.  Then there is the other me, once born again could look back on the former me and see a stark difference. The new me has an inner voice a conscience that guides me and is now my motivator toward what is good and right. As I walk in the path of His guidance I find peace and joy in the fulfillment thereof. However the old self tries to rise up and entice me to attempt again to find fulfillment in the things of the flesh, but just as the flesh is corrupt and will eventually rot so are the desires of the flesh corrupt.

James 1:14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

According to this verse the pattern is clear, fleshly desire is evil and corrupt but can be enticing, by it we are temped if our desire is not put in check then that desire when it is fully grown leads to death, the ultimate corruption.

APPLICATION
To recognize that the desires of my old self are corrupt, and the fulfillment of them is fleeting if not impossible therefore the only thing that can come of it is sin and eventual death.

No comments:

Post a Comment