Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Righteous Will Live by Faith

Acts 8:35 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.

This really comes down to faith. Do you really believer that God exists and that what He has said is true. If we do not believe that His promise of heaven is absolutely true then we will look for some heaven here on earth, we will tend to see this verse about losing your life as the same thing as wasting your life. However by faith if we believe that what He has promised is indeed true the things of this world grow strangely dim and have no power over me. If I keep my mind on heavenly things and not on earthly things my perspective becomes aligned with His and my thoughts and considerations rhyme with heaven.
APPLICATION
I need to be reminded that my life is not my own, that it was bought with a great price and that as a bondservant I have agreed to die to self willingly and joyfully moment by moment day by day in the littlest things to the greatest. and by doing this I demonstrate my faith, for without which it is impossible to please God.

No comments:

Post a Comment