Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Acts 8:31 “How can I,” he said, “unless someone explains it to me?” So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

This is the proof text for the need for the bible scholar. The one who spends his time and effort analyzing the text and sorting out all of it's ramifications. This is also a proof text for one of my favorite axioms "in order to learn one must be willing to be taught". The eunuch invited Philip to explain the passage of Scripture thereby setting himself in the place of humbly being willing to receive instruction. That is the place of teach ability, the place of learning.

APPLICATION
I, first need to cultivate and maintain an attitude of teach ability for without it I cannot progress, secondly I need to remember to refrain from instructing others unless I am invited to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment