Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Doubt your Doubt not your Faith

Acts 12:6 The night before Herod was to bring him to trial, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries stood guard at the entrance.

So Peter, after following Jesus his Lord and Master for three years, witnesses first hand the earthly rulers of the day brutally torture and kill Him. Then his young friend Stephen is similarly killed this time by his fellow countrymen the Jews. Fresh in his mind is the execution of James the son of Zebedee Peter's fishing partner, and now here he sits awaiting trial in the morning, destined to be a pawn in the show trial, Herod's plaything. The prophesy that Jesus spoke over Peter was probably echoing in his mind that he would be led where he did not want to go.... was this it? Although Peter did see the risen Lord, he did witness all of the miracles, then again John the Baptist's head was served cold, on a platter to please this Herod's demonic whim. The throes of doubt can become vivid and awfully convincing. It is at the crossroads of doubt that we decide to either remain a believer or enter onto the path of unbelief. This is where we find Peter.
APPLICATION
When I come to the place of doubt I need to doubt my doubts and not my faith. I need to develop the discipline to question my fears and insecurities and fall back on the things I know by faith to indeed be true, such as I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me, that God's will for my life is to prosper me, and that when I trust in Him with all of my heart and lean not to my own understanding He will make my path straight. Doubt the doubt not my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment