Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

To Love by God's Grace

Philippians 1:3 I thank my God every time I remember you.


I picture Paul in the dank Mamartime prison cell in Rome struggling with the conditions, darkness, dampness, metal cuffs on his wrists. We know also that his eyesight was poor so the light of a candle or an oil lamp was no doubt barely sufficient yet he somehow puts pen to paper and finds a way to communicate this letter to the people of Philipi. Years earlier he was instrumental in bringing this small group to the knowledge of Christ and then he lived among them discipling many into maturity in the faith. I am certain that this man who also penned out the very words of God on what love is, in his previous letter to the  Corinthian believers also truly and dearly loved these people with all the fullness of God.  In light of this is it any mystery that every time these sweet Philippian people come to Paul's mind it causes him to be grateful to God for them? 


Do I love others in that way? Perhaps when I learn to consistently love others in accordance with 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 then the natural state of the heart is this kind of outpouring of gratitude. 


APPLICATION
I will commit to memory 1Corinthians 13:4-8 as a reminder and meditation so that I may begin to learn to truly love others by God's grace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment