Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

God First John 13:3

3 Jesus knew that the Father had given him authority over everything and that he had come from God and would return to God.


The clarity of these statements is staggering. Jesus was completely cognizant of who He was and where He came from and where He was going and of His mission, which He was about to fully complete.  The distractions of the world around me and the constant cry of my flesh needing to be satisfied in its various and sundry appetites cloud the personal clarity I need to walk in. Those clarifying principles are that I am saved by grace to accomplish works set out by the Father before the foundation of the earth, and that when my time is through all of these earthly things will mean nothing as I am destined for another place altogether. 


I need to re-evaluate my focus and keep myself from being  so easily distracted. As a trial period to see the fruit I will, for the next 30 days commit to the following: I will refuse to watch any TV unless I have had  time of devotion with the Lord that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment