Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Friday, April 20, 2012

Rescue Me

Phillippians 1:1 Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus,
To all God's holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons. niv



The people of Phillippi according to Paul are God's Holy People, they are Holy because they are in Christ Jesus. In Christ Jesus means that they are sanctified by the work of Jesus and are covered by His sacrifice and made Holy in God's sight.  As we abide in Christ we too are Holy, sanctified and covered by the blood of Jesus, though we are yet likely and capable of sin we are no longer under its power. No longer bound to sin, we have been set free of the bondage to sin, previously we had no alternative, we had to sin but now we can sin if we allow our free will to take us there or we have the option to not sin as we abide in Christ.


APPLICATION
Today I will be careful to walk in the Spirit and abide in Christ. I will ask Jesus to place a guard over my mouth, my heart and mind and to meditate on this verse from the book of Romans.



Romans 7:21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.22 For in my inner being I delight in God's law;23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?
25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment