Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Is It Possible To Affect God's Heart?

25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body.

The first thing I think of when I read this verse is that Love rejoices with the truth. Pr. 13:6b If we are not honest with each other then our relationships are corrupt and hypocritical. The results of a community that is unable to trust anyone would eventually lead to isolation and therefore an utter lack of intimacy or relationship on a "real" level. This state of affairs over the course of generations would lead to total dysfunction. Relationships are based on trust, trust that what you are saying is true and not contrived or manipulated. That trust once broken is very difficult to re establish.  If trust is not present in a community it is like a body that works against itself, like an auto immune deficiency also known as a disease that harms and eventually kills the body.

APPLICATION
I need to place a guard over my mouth to be careful to speak only what is true and right.
Pr 23: 15 My son, if your heart is wise,
   then my heart will be glad indeed;
16 my inmost being will rejoice
   when your lips speak what is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment