Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'm Overwhelmed

 Ps. 23:5 
You prepare a table before me
   in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
   my cup overflows. 


The good shepherd cares for the sheep. He protects them and stands between the sheep and the enemies who seek to devour them. He cares for them lavishly by pouring out on them his love and tender kindness unmatched in all the earth. When we are faced with the reality that the King of kings, the creator of the universe really is the one who desires to love us and to care for us we begin to become overwhelmed. We have created a trite and ever present saying in our culture, "God Loves You". We have barely a concept of what is wrapped up in those three simple words. I believe that David began to understand the depth of God's great love for him as he penned these words.
APPLICATION
To be mindful of the fact of God's love for me and all that that means and matters to.

No comments:

Post a Comment