Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Phil. 2:6 - Selfish vs. Selfish Ambition

Philippians 2:6 Who, being in very naturet God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;


Oh my, how often do I use my position to my own advantage? It happens all the time, from the way I make my way around traffic to the way I make my way around a dinner party and everything in between. How can I extract out of self this predisposition of desiring to have some advantage of some sort. The flesh is in constant pursuit of this elevation, yet the Spirit is yearning to show us the better way. In Christ we have the most excellent example of selfless ambition.

APPLICATION
As a reminder of my desire to rid myself of this pretension I will go for a walk in the woods and meditate on the following verse:

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment