Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Monday, August 6, 2012

1Tim. 6:6 - Grateful One

1Tim 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 
Is it possible to have godliness without contentment? I think so, Paul for example was indeed a godly man but was distressed over the loss of his fellow jews not knowing Christ. Then John the baptist when he was in prison even questioning his faith was still godly yet lost his contentment over the circumstances he found himself in. Then also perhaps Jesus in the garden pleaded for another way, certainly godly yet vexed in His spirit and desired different arrangement. 
Conversely is it possible to have contentment without godliness? Perhaps there are many who would argue that for example a buddhist monk in Tibet may be able to find contentment apart from God, we will never really know for sure but one thing that is for sure is that when we arrive at the combination of both Godliness and Contentement we find something Great.


APPLICATION
I will list all of the things that I am and have in my life that bring me contentement and offer to God my gratefulness over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment