Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Friday, December 17, 2010

Ephesians 1:5

5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

We can take great  comfort from the fact of God's foreknowledge includes all that we were before salvation and all of our failings afterward are all taken into account and yet He has still chosen us, not just as an acquaintance but as a beloved son. If that were not enough, He lavishes us with this knowledge and calls all of this the pleasure of His will. Our person, our efforts, our existence no matter how wonderful we may be  cannot measure up to be treated this well. Indeed it is by grace we have been saved, and oh such grace it is. This lavish treatment is part of the goodness that leads to repentance. 

As I consider these facts it compels me to desire to be on His path for my life, as I believe therein lies my joy and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment