Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ephesians 1:11

11 In him we were also chosen,t having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will

His ways are higher than our ways. How does God orchestrate everything to be congruent to His will and purposes? That is a class I do not want to sign up for because I do not think there is an answer to it. In the same way how can a worm know the intent or purpose of the farmer who put the worm into his soil? It is beyond the worms capacity to comprehend. In the same way it is beyond our capacity to understand how God works in and through all things to eventuate His good will and purpose. Therefore by faith I trust that the circumstances revolving around my life are there by design and have eternal meaning beyond the momentary face value.

To walk in a way as to be blameless in His sight is to know that the difficulties I face are there to strengthen me and to guide me toward His purpose for me. If I walk in such a way as to hide my sin then the circumstances perhaps are designed still to bring me toward Him. So either way my path is laid out toward His will for my life. Since I am sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.

The surrendered life is one that is lived with the circumstances guiding the path and not correcting. Like the difference in walking in humility or being humiliated. They both are the a different version of the same virtue. I am destined to serve the Lord according to His will and purpose the only matter is if I will be willing to be guided by the eye or by the rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment