Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Ephesians 1:1

Ephesians 1:1
This letter is from Paul, chosen by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus.
I am writing to God’s holy people in Ephesus, who are faithful followers of Christ Jesus.

Interpretation
It is by the will of God that we are appointed to the different positions we attain in life. Paul was selected by the will of God to operate and fulfill the role of an Apostle.

Noah Webster 1828
CHOSEN, participle passive
1. Selected from a number; picked out; taken in preference; elected; predestinated; designated to office.
2. Select; distinguished by preference; eminent.

Paul was distinguished by the preference of God. He was hand selected to perform a certain destiny that was ordained in advance by the will of the Father.  Likewise we all have a pre-ordained path arranged for us to walk in that is according to the will of God.

Ephesians 2:10 
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Therefore my mission is to persue Him and His will for the place He has ordained for me in this journey. To make peace with where He has me and to accept it as His ordination. He is the one who promotes, and places us in the position of His choosing.

Application
It is my ambition to seek the Lord for marching orders daily so that I find myself on His ordained path for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment