Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Monday, March 4, 2013

Philippians 3:8 - Press On

Phil. 3:8What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ.

First off, I guess getting knocked off your horse by Jesus Himself and speaking audibly with God can actually go a really long way toward obedience and single minded utter focus on the His will for your life.

Having said that, for the case of Paul he indeed had quite the conversion experience. As for the rest of us mere humans is there really enough about our own walk with the Lord that propels us toward Holy living. Let's face it there are many things that we forsake in our lives because we are His and rightly so we just do not partake of any longer. We even discipline our minds and re-direct our thoughts toward Holy patterns as the Spirit directs. Like Paul we acknowledge the worth of knowing Christ and rightly place him on the throne of our hearts, making Him Lord. We willingly submit as bondservants our will, our flesh and even our intimate thoughts over to His Lordship. He is the King of Kings ruling and reigning not by the might of the sword as earthly kings do, but His army is a vast legion that has spanned the generations and He leads us by the cords of our hearts, gently with the still small voice of His Spirit. We give over our own free will in grateful submission because we know His way for us is right and best. 

APPLICATION
I will memorize the following verse:
Phil. 3:14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment