Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Proverbs 3:13-14 True Richness





13 Joyful is the person who finds wisdom,
the one who gains understanding.
14 For wisdom is more profitable than silver, and her wages are better than gold. 
Proverbs 3:13-14


Here the Lord is giving us the key to happiness, He says that we will be joyful when we find wisdom. He then adds value to it by comparing it to silver and gold, which represents money. Many of us chase after riches thinking that it will bring us joy or happiness but we know that to not be true as there are many miserable rich people. What are they rich in is the real question. When we project our lives out to the old swing on the porch and we are 90+ years old what will we survey as we ponder our lives and how we lived it. There are few guarantees in life but this one thing I can surely expect, it will not be how many dollars I have in the bank that will bring me joy in the end, but the richness of the relationships I have created and nurtured and even persevered and fought for. The enemy is forever trying to divide and bring dis unity to the family of God. Our richness will hinge on how well we care for nurture and develop of our relationships.


APPLICATION
Therefore today I will make a list of the currently most important people in my life. I will then pray over that list, then by weeks end I will contact them and encourage them, and tell them they are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment