Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

1 Cor. 13:5 - With Christ, I Can Love Others His Way

1 Cor. 13:5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

In my human strength I fail at loving others in this way, truth be told I do not even love myself like this, I get angry with myself and have a list a mile long of things I have done wrong. Like the disciples I commit to the refrain, "increase my faith".  I know that I am not capable of consistently loving others in this way in my own strength, but with Christ all things are possible. The interesting word in the previous sentence is "with". If the Holy Spirit is truly residing in me and I live by His direction and guidance with me, together, we can love in this amazing way.

APPLICATION
I need to pray for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. To empower me to live by the power of His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment