Welcome

One of the most effective ways to allow the Word of God to affect your life is to study it inductively. That is what this blog is all about. Typically one verse per day will be mined for insight and then followed up with how I plan to implement that insight practically. My prayer is that in some way you find this useful in your journey and that it may impact you positively. -G

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Service

5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.

Service is of utmost importance to the Lord. It is how we know whether we are indeed in the faith.

2 Corinthians 5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

James 2:17-18 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.  18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds. Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.

Our walk with God is measured in our service toward others our deeds towards others.
  
1 John 4:20-21 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. 21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister. 


Jn 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
So the evidence of our faith in Christ is the demonstration of our love for one another, and that demonstration is in made manifest in selfless service to one another.
We are to serve as a matter of lifestyle, to cultivate the heart of a servant is an essential element of our walk with Christ.
 APPLICATION

I need to be ready to lay down my life in service toward anyone I find in need as always but today I will have a very quick response in obedience, without hesitation.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment